Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese is all of the flavors of a bacon double cheese burger in a grilled cheese sandwich with plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese!
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning to taste
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickle, diced
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat, set aside on paper towels to drain reserving 1 teaspoon of grease in the pan and the rest elsewhere.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook draining any grease when done.
- Mix in the ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, simmer to reduce, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a clean pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside side of each slice of bread, place one slice in a pan buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese, then top with the the bacon, beef, lettuce, tomato and pickle followed by the remaining cheese and slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Enjoy your Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese!