This easy fried ravioli recipe is perfect for parties, pre-dinner apps. or pretty much any occasion. Just dip them in marinara sauce and enjoy!
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 16 ounce package cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Stack three paper towels near the work station and place a wire rack over the paper towels. (This is where the fried ravioli will drain.)
- In a deep frying pan, heat 2-inches of oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 325°F.
- While the oil heats, whisk the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix together the Italian seasoned and the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip the ravioli in the milk/egg mixture to coat completely and allow excess milk/egg to drip off.
- Next, dredge the ravioli in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the ravioli in the hot oil, being careful not to burn yourself.
- While the ravioli cooks, repeat the process with another ravioli.
- Cook just 3-5 ravioli at-a-time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook the ravioli 1-3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Stir and flip the ravioli often with a wooden spoon or a cooking spider.
- Transfer the cooked ravioli to the prepared wire rack and sprinkle each with grated Parmesan.
- Repeat until all ravioli are cooked.
- Serve with marinara, honey mustard or your favorite dipping sauce.
Source: The Cookie Rookie