This Fried Cheese Stuffed Doritos Recipe makes a perfect party appetizer, game day food or anytime awesome snack. It’s super cheesy and delicious!
- 2 pounds medium cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups Doritos Nacho Cheese chips
1 1/2 cups Doritos Spicy Nacho Cheese chips
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart vegetable, peanut, or canola oil
- Slice cheese into 1/2-inch-thick squares, and then slice each square on the diagonal to make 2 triangles.
- To a food processor, add both Doritos flavors, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, and pulse until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In a separate, shallow bowl, beat eggs until whites and yolks are well combined. In a third shallow bowl, add flour. Set up a coating station: Set up cheese triangles to the farthest left-hand side, followed by flour bowl, followed by egg wash, followed by Doritos. Finally, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and set on the farthest right-hand side.
- Take each triangle of cheese, and coat in flour. Quickly dip into the egg wash, and then coat thoroughly in the Doritos crumbs. Lay onto a cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining triangles. Freeze the Doritos-coated cheese triangles for at least 3 hours before frying.
- When ready to serve, heat oil in a heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or electric deep fryer to 350°F. Working in batches, fry the cheese-stuffed Doritos for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the outside is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove the triangles from the oil with a slotted spoon, and place them on paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.
Here is another way to make them below!