Honestly, if you do not have a good bun, you do not have a good burger. This Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Burger is packed with flavor and then placed on a delicious potato roll. This sandwich will definitely be on your top ten list of best burgers.
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 White Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Thick Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls
- 1 Cup Prepared Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Arugula, to garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, parmesan, parsley, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix ingredients together until combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Form beef mixture into four equal sized patties.
- Place a thick slice of mozzarella in the middle of one patty, then cover with a second patty. Tightly squeeze the edges around the cheese to seal the patty. Repeat with the remaining patties and cheese. You should have two (1/2 lb.) cheese-stuffed patties.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add 2-3 tbsp. olive oil. Add patties and brown on each side, turning once after about 4 minutes.
- When both sides are browned, add marinara sauce to pan and cover, simmering for another 5-7 minutes, flipping burgers halfway through and re-coating with sauce.
- Serving the stuffed burgers on Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls, atop a bed of arugula, with more grated parmesan and parsley to garnish.