One taste of these savory meatball biscuit bombs, and you’ll be hooked. This is the perfect dish to bring to a party or potluck or serve on game day.
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into fourths (16 little pieces of cheese total)
- 16 fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese; more for topping
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Optional: Italian parsley for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 375° and grease a 16-cup muffin tin.
- Take all 8 biscuits out of the pan and divide each one in half, giving you 16 biscuits.
- Flatten each biscuit into round disks, about 3 – 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place a slice of cheese on each flattened biscuit, followed by a meatball.
- Carefully stretch the dough up and around meatball and cheese, bringing to the top, and pinching firmly to seal.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese. Roll each biscuit in the breadcrumb mixture and then place in the muffin tin, pinched side down.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve with warm marinara sauce.