Creamy garlic sauce, dill pickles and cheese make this amazing dill pickle pizza. Don’t knock it ’til you try it – it’s garlicky and delicious!
- 1 recipe pizza dough (or store bought)
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 c. garlic pizza sauce
- 4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz dill pickle slices, drained and patted dry
- dried or fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough instructions—typically between 450°F (232°C) to 475°F (246°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven now to preheat as well.
- On a floured surface, roll out your pizza dough to fit your preferred size and thickness.
- Transfer the rolled-out dough onto a pizza peel dusted with flour or cornmeal to prevent sticking. If you don’t have a pizza stone and peel, you can place the dough on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the pizza dough with olive oil, creating a base for the sauce to stick to and adding flavor to the crust.
- Spread the garlic pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving about an inch of the edge for the crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, ensuring an even distribution.
- Arrange the dill pickle slices on top of the cheese, spacing them out to your liking. Pickles will add a tangy and savory element to the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for about 14-16 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the crust is a golden brown. The exact time will depend on your oven and the thickness of your dough.
- Once baked, remove the pizza from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes, allowing the cheese to set for easier slicing.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh or dried dill for an aromatic and herby finish.
- Slice the pizza into equal portions, serve, and enjoy the delightful combination of creamy garlic sauce and crisp dill pickles on a classic mozzarella base.
Enjoy your homemade Creamy Garlic and Dill Pickle Pizza! It’s a creative twist on traditional flavors that’s sure to be a hit with pickle lovers.