There once was a grilled cheese sandwich that longed to be exciting, to be full of flavor and added crunch. Along came the BLT Grilled Cheese and made everything better!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices bread
- 3 slices cheddar, divided
- Small handful green leaf lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- Fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 6 minutes. Drain excess grease on paper towel, then wipe pan and reduce to medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. On the non-buttered side of one slice, place 2 slices of cheese, then lettuce, tomato, and bacon. Top with remaining slice of cheese and close sandwich.
- Place sandwich in pan; cover and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook other side until cheese is melty and bread is golden brown, 2 minutes more.
- Slice in half and serve.
Source for the BLT Grilled Cheese: Delish