BLT Sushi Roll
Before you can say anything, we know the BLT Sushi Roll isn’t technically “sushi”. It’s just bacon rolled around some lettuce and tomatoes, but we love it and think it’s super fun to call it sushi!
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 c. shredded romaine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack over a large baking sheet. Place 5 slices bacon side by side. Lift one end of every other bacon slice and place another bacon slice on top of the lifted pieces. Lay slices back. Next, lift opposite bacon slices back and place a bacon slice on top. Lay slices back down. Repeat weaving process until you have a bacon weave of 5 strips by 5 strips. Set bacon weave on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is cooked but still pliable, 20 minutes.
- Pat bacon weave with paper towels to drain fat and transfer to a piece of plastic wrap (it helps with rolling!)
- Spread mayo on top of bacon weave in a thin layer, then top bottom third of bacon weave with tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkle romaine all over and season with salt and pepper.
- Starting from the bottom, tightly roll, then slice crosswise into “sushi rolls”.