Steak and cheese gravy fries take the traditional poutine dish and turn it up a notch. Keep in mind that you could make use a bag of frozen fries to make it simple.
- 1 leftover baked potato, cut into wedges (or frozen french fries)
- Cheese dip of your choice (I used a White Cheese Dip)
- Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Leftover steak
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup milk, or more depending on thickness of gravy
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flat leaf parsley
- Make the cheese sauce and cover with a lid.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Generously season fries with Cow Bell Hell.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and spread potatoes out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until done and crispy. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat tsp of olive oil in a frying pan to medium heat.
- Sprinkle Worcestershire over steak and cook about a minute on both sides; remove, slice thin and cover. (Do NOT rinse the pan out.)
- Whisk the flour and water together in a small bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter, stirring until melted, then add flour mixture and whisk until thick, followed by milk. Continued whisking and adding a little milk at a time until you get the consistency you want.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour cheese and gravy over fries, top with steak and parsley.