These rich and delicious seafood-stuffed potatoes combine the earthy flavors of baked potatoes with the fresh taste of seafood. The filling is creamy and satisfying, making it a perfect dish for special occasions or a luxurious dinner at home.
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat (make sure there are no shells)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Optional toppings: chives, extra cheese, crispy bacon bits
- Prepare the Potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Pierce each potato a few times with a fork. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for about 45-60 minutes or until they’re tender and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Once done, remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Make the Filling:
- Slice off the top of each potato (about 1/4 of the way down). Using a spoon, carefully hollow out the potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato in the skins to keep their shape. Place the scooped-out potato in a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add sour cream, melted butter, Parmesan cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, garlic, green onions, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix well until smooth.
- Gently fold in the chopped shrimp and crab meat. Season with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Stuff each hollowed-out potato skin with the seafood mixture. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the tops are golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and any additional toppings of your choice.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy your indulgent seafood-stuffed potatoes with a side salad or green veggies for a complete meal!