Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Peppers and Onions
These tilapia tacos are a healthy way to fulfill your taco desires. Delicious tilapia with grilled onions and green peppers.
- 2 (1/2 inch-thick) slices white onion
- 1 (8 oz) package mini sweet bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (5 oz) tilapia fillets
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat grill to high heat. Arrange onion slices and bell peppers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill onions for 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove onions and bell peppers from grill, and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice onion rings in half. Thinly slice bell peppers; discard stems and seeds. Combine onion, bell peppers, ¼ tsp. salt, and ⅛ tsp. black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining ½ tsp. salt and remaining ⅜ tsp. black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture and jalapeno slices evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Source: Eat Yourself Skinny
2 thoughts on “Sauteed Tilapia Tacos with Peppers and Onions”
This sauteed tilapia tacos with peppers and onions looks delicious, nice content, good read and informative.
Pingback: Sausage and Egg Waffle Tacos Make Eating On The Go Easy