A breakfast for dinner recipe with a buttermilk waffle filled with crumbled sausage and Egg Beaters to be eaten like tacos do.
- 10 frozen round buttermilk waffles
- 8 ounces Mild Country Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups Egg Beaters Original
- Maple Syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 5 waffles on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until waffles are thawed. Repeat with remaining 5 waffles. Fold thawed waffles in half and secure with wooden picks. Place on baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until waffles are crisp. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. Add Egg Beaters to same skillet; cook without stirring until edges and bottom begin to set. Gently turn to scramble; continue cooking until set.
- Remove wooden picks from waffles. Divide sausage evenly between waffles; top evenly with Egg Beaters. Drizzle with syrup, if desired.