One Pan Mozzarella Chicken with Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil – extra virgin
- 5 pieces (about 1.5lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt & pepper – to your taste
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning – divided
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp capers
- 1 can (450g/15 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes – chopped
- 5 slices of mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip and season the other side with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside. Then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute. Pour white wine to deglaze the pan, and scrape up the brown bits with a spatula.
- Add canned and fresh tomatoes, 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning, and capers. Stir well to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pan and nestle it in the sauce. Top each breast with 1 slice of mozzarella, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and enjoy!