- 4 pounds potatoes (about 4-5 large russet)
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place the potatoes in a pot and add enough water to cover them by about 2 inches. Season the water with salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until the potatoes are “al dente” (test it by inserting a skewer into a piece of potato. It should go through with a bit of resistance). Drain well and cool slightly. Cut the potatoes into 1- inch dice.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to a plated lined with paper towels.
- Turn the heat to low and add the butter to the bacon drippings. Add the rosemary and 1 tablespoon of parsley. Stir and cook for a minute or until fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes . Add the lemon zest.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium-high heat. Make sure the potatoes are in one layer. Cook until a crust has formed on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Gently turn them and cook until all sides are golden brown an crispy. Add extra butter or oil if needed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, extra parsley and bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy!
Source: Lemon Blossoms