Tender, juicy flank steak that is marinated then grilled. Slice it thin and put it in a tortilla with your favorite taco toppings! The best steak tacos recipe around!
- 1 lb flank steak trimmed of excess fat
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 limes juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- Toppings: Queso fresco cheese, Chopped cilantro, Diced red onion, Diced tomatoes
- First, make the marinade. Mix together olive oil, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the flank steak in a baking dish and pour prepared marinade over the top of steak. Cover baking dish and place in the refrigerator preferably for 8 hours but at least one hour.
- After the steak is done marinating remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it rest while you prepare the grill and make any toppings.
- Preheat grill according to manufacturer’s directions or prepare an indoor grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush grill grates with canola oil or avocado oil.
- Remove steak from marinade and discard any leftover marinade. Grill steak on outdoor grill or in grill pan for 3-4 minutes per side, flip once until desired doneness (medium-rare is 140 degrees F).
- Remove steak and cover will foil. Let steak rest for 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute and get the perfect juicy steak! Cut the steak into thin, ¼’’ slices. Make sure to slice it across the grain.
- Prepare flour tortillas according to package directions. Assemble the tacos with steak and desired toppings.