- 1 lb penne uncooked
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups ham cooked, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- Cook the penne al-dente according to package instructions.
- In a large pot, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the ham to the pot and cook for about 8 minutes until the ham starts to brown slightly.
- Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream, then season with salt and pepper. Add the cheeses and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring, until the cheese melts.
- Add the pasta, peas, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Source: Jo Cooks