Crispy, cheesy, delicious jalapeno popper egg rolls are the perfect appetizer for parties or game day! They’re also so easy to make in under 30 minutes!
For the Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Egg Rolls:
- 12-15 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten (for sealing the wrappers)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce
- Make the Filling:
- In a large bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chopped jalapeños, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Assemble the Egg Rolls:
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a clean, flat surface.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the jalapeño popper mixture in the center of each wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner over the filling, roll snugly half-way to cover the filling, fold in both sides snugly against the filling, and moisten the edges of the wrapper with the beaten egg. Finish rolling and seal the top corner. Lay the egg roll, seam side down, on a platter. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fry the Egg Rolls:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large skillet to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry the egg rolls in batches, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the egg rolls from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Jalapeño Popper Egg Rolls warm with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your homemade Jalapeño Popper Egg Rolls! They are perfect as an appetizer for gatherings, offering a spicy, cheesy, and irresistibly crispy treat.