These strawberry pancakes are the best because they remind me of strawberry shortcakes but way easier and faster to make.
- 1 pound strawberries
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- If desired, cut the strawberries in halves or quarters. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar and a tiny pinch of salt and stir to coat. Let the strawberries macerate and get super juicy and sweet while you’re cooking the pancakes.
- Make the whipped cream by pouring the cream and the remaining tablespoon of sugar in a chilled bowl. Whisk with a large whisk until soft peaks form. Keep chilled in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla into the milk/buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and gently combine with a fork. Do not over mix.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Brush a thin layer of oil on your pan. For mini pancakes, drop the batter by the teaspoon and cook until small bubbles form on the surface and at the edges. The pancakes should be golden brown. Flip and continue cooking for 1 minute, or until golden brown. For regular sized pancakes, drop by the 1/2 – 3/4 cup. Bigger pancakes will take longer to cook.
- Serve with whipped cream and strawberries spooned over top.
- Enjoy your strawberry pancakes!
Source: I Am A Food Blog