Step into the spooky season with our Ghostly Cheesecake Brownies! These treats meld the decadence of rich brownies with the creaminess of cheesecake, and they come adorned with playful ghostly faces. Perfect for Halloween parties or simply to satisfy a hauntingly sweet craving, they’re bound to become a favorite for both the living and the undead in your household! Dive in, if you dare, and let these brownies bewitch your taste buds.
For the Brownie Layer:
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the Cheesecake Swirl:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
For the Ghostly Faces:
- Mini chocolate chips (for the eyes)
- Regular chocolate chips (for the mouths)
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Brownie Batter: In a mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs, water, and melted butter. Mix either manually or with an electric mixer until the batter is smooth, ensuring there are no dry spots.
- Cheesecake Mixture: In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, egg, vanilla extract, and sugar. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Assembling the Layers: Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly. Layer 2/3 of the cheesecake mixture on top and smooth it out. Follow this with the remaining brownie batter, spreading it over the cheesecake layer. Dollop the remaining cheesecake mixture on top.
- Creating Ghosts: Use a knife or a toothpick to swirl through the dolloped cheesecake mixture, creating ghost shapes.
- Baking: Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 25-27 minutes. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center emerges with just a few crumbs attached. Remove from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Adding Ghostly Features: Once the brownies are completely cooled, use mini chocolate chips to give your ghosts eyes and regular chocolate chips for their spooky mouths. Press the chips gently into the brownies with a toothpick to secure them.