- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to preference
- 12 black olives
- A sprinkle of paprika (Optional)
- Egg Preparation:
- In a saucepan, place the eggs and cover them with water.
- Set the heat to high, and once boiling, turn off the heat.
- Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, cool the eggs by running them under cold water. Once cooled, peel them.
- Creating the Deviled Mix:
- Slice the eggs in half, lengthwise. Gently scoop out the yolks and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- To the yolks, add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks and mix until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Filling the Eggs:
- Refill the hollowed egg whites with the yolk mixture. You can use a spoon or, for a neater presentation, use a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off.
- Crafting the Spiders:
- Slice the black olives in half. Place one half on each deviled egg, serving as the spider’s body.
- The remaining olive halves should be sliced again into 4 segments, creating 8 slim olive pieces. These act as the spider legs. Position 4 legs on either side of the olive body to mimic a spider.
- Final Touches:
- Optionally, sprinkle a light dusting of paprika for added color and flavor.
Serve these delightful, spooky treats at your next Halloween party or gathering, and they’re sure to be a hit!