- 6 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Optional: Maple syrup and butter
- In a large cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Remove drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Return bacon to pan with reserved drippings; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine pancake mix and water just until moistened. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm, with maple syrup and butter if desired.
Add apples for even more deliciousness!