Dive into a world of flavors with our Roasted Feta and Tomato Pasta. This dish harmoniously combines the tanginess of feta with the juiciness of cherry tomatoes, culminating in a truly Mediterranean experience. Whether you’re a fan of feta or just looking for a delightful twist on your regular pasta night, this recipe promises a savory dance for your taste buds. It’s not just a meal, but a journey to a sun-kissed Grecian isle, right from the comfort of your kitchen!
- 1 pound (450g) cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 8-ounce (225g) block feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces (225g) pasta, your choice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional, for balancing acidity)
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil, with extra for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 395°F (200°C).
- In a baking or cast-iron dish, combine cherry tomatoes with a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Toss well, ensuring tomatoes are well-coated.
- Create a space in the center of the dish and nestle the feta block in. Drizzle the feta with some olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, a touch of salt, and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, until tomatoes are soft and bursting.
- While the feta and tomatoes are baking, cook the pasta in salted water (omit oil) until it reaches an al dente texture. Save about 1 cup of the pasta water for later.
- Once out of the oven, add chopped garlic and a handful of fresh basil to the dish.
- With a fork or spoon, blend the melted feta and tomatoes, creating a creamy sauce. Should the sauce taste too tangy, stir in the optional sugar.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the sauce, ensuring it’s well-coated. If the sauce seems too thick, introduce a bit of the reserved pasta water to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling extra fresh basil on top for a finishing touch. Enjoy your warm, comforting meal!