This Perogies Recipe with bacon and onions is crazy good — pure comfort food and perfect for a everyday side dish!
- 16 potato and cheese perogies frozen
- 2 slices thick cut bacon diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- green onions and sour cream to serve as desired
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add frozen perogies and boil for about 3 minutes or until they float to the top.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion in a large skillet until both are lightly browned.
- Remove cooked perogies to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add butter to skillet with bacon and onions, then add perogies in a single layer and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Whisk together cream, salt and pepper and add to the hot pan once perogies are lightly browned. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly (it will bubble up and thicken fairly quickly, so keep an eye on it!).
- Remove from the heat to garnish with green onions if desired and serve.
Source: Recipe Rebel