Taco Salad Bowls are homemade tortilla bowls fully loaded with all your favorite taco toppings, this recipe can’t be beat.
- 4 10 inch flour tortillas
- Olive Oil divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 large romaine hearts chopped/shredded (or 1 large head iceberg lettuce)
- 16 ounces black beans
- 5 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces green chiles, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 5 ounces nacho cheese chips such as Doritos
- 1/2 cup thin salsa
- 3/4 cup creamy ranch
- Preheat oven to 425F. Brush or spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Place torillas inside oven safe bowls to create the shape you desire. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add beef. Crumble as it cooks. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce and allow to cook down until it’s your desired consistency. Drain excess sauce.
- In a large bowl mix together the lettuce, beef, beans, olives, cheese, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and chips. Toss to combine.
- In a small container stir together the dressing and salsa. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Source: The Cookie Rookie