- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11oz) can Mexicorn – (corn and pepper blend), drained
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice (I use Jasmine)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 oz. shredded colby jack cheese
- Nacho Cheese flavored Dorito chips
- sour cream, tomatoes, diced avocado, black olives, cilantro, etc.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the onion and chicken pieces in the oil until the chicken is browned and the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes (undrained), mexicorn, white rice and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes (or until rice is cooked through), stirring halfway.
- Top with cheese and cover for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from heat and top with Nacho Cheese Doritos and additional taco toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Source: I Wash You Dry