Is there anything better in life than your two favorite foods coming together as one? With these loaded potato skin burgers you will get your appetizer and entree over in one plate.
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350º. Season potatoes with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil. Bake until tender, 1 hour 30 minutes. Raise oven temperature to 450º.
- Let potatoes cool, then halve lengthwise and scoop out potatoes, leaving 1/4″ potato on all sides.
- Place potato skins facedown and brush with oil. Bake until golden, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shape ground beef into burgers the same size as buns. Season with salt and pepper and cook until medium, 5 minutes per side.
- Flip and fill potato skins with bacon and cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melty, 5 minutes.
- Fill skins with sour cream and chives, then top one with a cooked burger and another potato skin.
- Serve your Loaded Potato Skin Burgers.