Honey Mustard Chicken & Bacon Skewers – Chicken marinated in a wonderful honey mustard dressing, skewered with delicious bacon, and grilled to perfection makes a perfect outdoor entertaining meal!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 3 strips each
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tsp creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a gallon storage bag, add the creole seasoning, honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and paprika. Seal and shake to mix everything up.
- Add chicken to the bag. Seal the bag while letting the air out. Mix the chicken around with the marinade until chicken is coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to grill, lay a chicken strip onto a piece of bacon. Thread them together onto skewer alternating back and forth. (See picture). Do the same with one more chicken strip and one more piece of bacon on the same skewer. Repeat this process with the other two skewers.
- Grill over medium high heat rotating until chicken is cooked through. This will take about 10 to 12 minutes depending on your grill.
- Remove from heat and top with a little shredded cheese and green onions.
- Enjoy the Chicken Bacon Skewers!