Hawaiian Grilled Cheese
Sometimes a good grilled cheese simply calls you. But not just any grilled cheese. We’re dishin’ it up Island style. This Hawaiian Grilled Cheese is the best grilled cheese concoction we’ve had in a long time.
- 8 slices bread
- softened butter for spreading
- 8 slices cheese of your choice
- 8 slices of canned pineapple
- 8 generously sized thin-sliced honey ham
- dried parsley or basil for sprinkling onto bread
- marinara sauce for dipping
- On a greased grill pan, grill pineapple slices on both sides until you get nice grill marks. Set aside.
- Generously slather one side of each slice of bread with butter and sprinkle with dried parsley or basil. Lay each slice buttered side down on a foil-lined or wax-paper lined surface.
- Layer on 4 slices of bread the following: 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices grilled pineapple, and 2 slices of meat. Place remaining 4 slices of bread on top to make 4 sandwiches. Buttered sides should be facing out.
- Place 2 sandwiches buttered-side down on a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat for 1-3 minutes per side or just until both sides are nicely browned and cheese is melty. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce.
One thought on “Hawaiian Grilled Cheese”
Pingback: The Omelette Grilled Cheese Is The Perfect Breakfast Sandwich