This Hashbrown Breakfast Sandwich is the ultimate breakfast wrapped up in one delicious handheld meal. Get the recipe here!
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 large eggs
- salt & pepper
- hot sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon oil over medium high-heat. Place hash brown patties in hot oil and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until hash browns are evenly browned and crispy. If you find them sticking to the skillet, add more oil. Remove from pan, place on baking sheet and heat in the oven while you cook the sausage and eggs.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Place the sausage on two of the hash browns. Top with cheese and place back in the oven.
- Clean skillet, add remaining oil to the pan. Fry eggs until edges are crispy and the whites have set. Season with salt & pepper. Drizzle eggs with hot sauce and place each one on the cheesy sausage topped hash brown. Take the remaining hash browns and sandwich them on top of the egg/sausage/cheese. Serve immediately, with additional hot sauce.
- Enjoy your Hashbrown Breakfast Sandwich!