These chocolate banana stuffed sweet potatoes are loaded with gooey caramelized bananas and melted dark chocolate before being topped with a delicious banana nut sauce.
FOR THE STUFFED SWEET POTATOES:
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
FOR THE BANANA NUT SAUCE:
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- 1/2 medium, ripe banana, mashed (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp of almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Wash and dry your sweet potatoes. and Poke the potatoes all over with a fork and place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them for 45 minutes, or until soft and tender. Remove from the oven and let them stand for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp. to 350F.
- Use a knife to put a deep slice in each sweet potato, cutting lengthwise. Do not cut the potato all the way through. You want to create a little “bowl,” with the sweet potatoes. Use a fork to “fluff up” the flesh.
- Divide the banana slices between the two sweet potatoes, placing them tightly within the bowls. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the banana slices have caramelized and the chocolate chips are melted.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mashing the banana in a small bowl before adding a spoonful of nut butter. Mix until smooth, adding the almond milk to reach your desired consistency.
- When sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Drizzle the top of them with the banana nut sauce and any additional toppings of choice.