Easy Chicken Broccoli Pasta with Bacon – made with creamy alfredo sauce! This simple recipe is packed with protein and veggies!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice fettuccine)
- 2 cups broccoli florets , blanched
- 7 strips bacon
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the skillet.
- Cook chicken breast on high heat for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove the skillet from heat and keep the chicken covered. The chicken will continue cooking in its own steam until no longer pink. Remove chicken from the skillet. You can also use pre-cooked chicken. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Add minced garlic to the same (now empty) skillet, with oils and bits left from cooking the chicken.
- Add heavy cream, milk, bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Add cheese and stir till it completely melts into a creamy sauce.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta, cooked bacon, cooked broccoli to the creamy sauce and mix everything in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with sliced cooked chicken.
Source: Julia’s Album