Embark on a culinary adventure that harmoniously marries the comforting warmth of a chowder with the zesty kick of buffalo sauce. Introducing our Buffalo Chicken Chowder Soup—a recipe that promises to be a delight for your taste buds! Infused with the bold flavors of buffalo wing sauce and the velvety texture of chowder, this dish is an innovative twist on two classic favorites. Whether you’re a spice enthusiast searching for your next fiery fix or a soup lover looking for a heartwarming bowl of comfort, this recipe offers the best of both worlds. Packed with tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and a generous sprinkle of cheese, every spoonful is a symphony of flavors and textures, guaranteed to leave you reaching for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves and let’s turn up the heat in your kitchen with this delectable Buffalo Chicken Chowder Soup!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen, fresh, or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Prep the Ingredients:
- Dice the chicken, chop the celery, carrot, and onion, mince the garlic, and peel and dice the potatoes.
- Cook Chicken:
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the diced chicken and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Sauté Vegetables:
- In the same pot, add a bit more butter if needed. Sauté the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are softened and the onion is translucent.
- Add Flour:
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to coat, cooking for about 1-2 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Add Liquids:
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, buffalo wing sauce, and milk or cream, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add Potatoes and Corn:
- Add the diced potatoes, corn kernels, thyme, black pepper, and salt to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Return Chicken and Add Cheese:
- Return the cooked chicken to the pot and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted and well incorporated. For a tangier flavor, you can also add blue cheese crumbles.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Once the chowder is heated through, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Serve the buffalo chicken chowder hot, garnished with chopped green onions and fresh parsley.
Enjoy this hearty Buffalo Chicken Chowder Soup with a slice of crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal. The bold flavors of the buffalo sauce complement the creaminess of the chowder, making it a comforting dish perfect for any time of the year.