- 1/2 cup (80g) chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp strawberry extract
- 1–2 drops pink food coloring
ICE CREAM LAYERS
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- two 4.9 oz packages shortbread
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- Cherries, for topping
- Additional chocolate and caramel sauce, for drizzled topping
- Additional strawberries, nuts and banana slices, for topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with clear wrap or parchment paper (you’ll use that later to help get the cake out of the pan).
2. To make the strawberry filling, puree the strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
3. Combine 1/4 cup of strawberry puree, water, sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Microwave 10 seconds at a time, whisking well between each interval.
4. Once strawberry mixture begins to boil, microwave for about 15 more seconds, allowing it to boil, then whisk until smooth. Mixture should be thickened. Total time should be about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
5. To make the ice cream, beat cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a mixer until smooth.
6. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated. Set aside.
7. In another mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Gently fold about 1/3 of the the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then add the remaining whipped cream and fold until combined.
9. Divide the ice cream base evenly between the two bowls. Add the cocoa powder to one bowl and fold to combine. Add the completely cooled strawberry filling to the other bowl and fold to combine. Set aside.
10. To build the cake in the pan, add a layer of sliced bananas in the bottom.
11. Spread the strawberry ice cream in an even layer over the bananas.
12. Top the strawberry ice cream with another layer of sliced bananas.
13. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the bananas, then top it with the nuts and pineapple.
14. Add the additional almond milk to a small bowl. Dip each piece of shortbread into the almond milk, then add to the pan and in even layer. Press the shortbread into the ice cream and toppings.
15. Top the shortbread with the chocolate ice cream.
16. Add a third layer of sliced bananas, then top the bananas with the caramel sauce.
17. Add a second layer of shortbread, dipping each piece of shortbread into the almond milk before adding it to the pan. Press the shortbread into the ice cream and toppings.
18. Freeze cake until firm, 4-5 hours.
19. Remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving dish.
20. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to a mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
21. Pipe 4-5 swirls of whipped cream on top of the ice cream cake, down the center. Finish cake off with a drizzle of caramel and chocolate sauce and sprinkle a few chopped strawberries, sliced banana pieces and nuts over it. Top the whipped cream swirls with cherries. Freeze until ready to serve.
Source: Love Life and Sugar