Red Beans And Rice In The Crock Pot
- 1 lb bag of dried red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 2 cans Campbell’s chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
1. Rinse beans thoroughly and put into crock pot.
2. Add water, chicken broth, garlic and chopped vegetables to the beans.
3. Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces add to the crock pot along with the creole seasoning.
4. Cook on high for about 7 hours.
5. When ready to eat, cook rice according to package.
6. Put desired amount of rice in the bottom of a bowl and top with desired amount of red beans and rice.
Source: Life Love Sugar