Get ready to dive into a refreshing, low-carb delight with this unique spin on chicken salad! This Cucumber Boat Chicken Salad recipe is a fun, simple, and tasty way to enjoy your favorite creamy chicken salad without the extra carbs from bread or wraps. Packed with flavors from herbs and spices, it’s served in crisp cucumber ‘boats’ for a light and satisfying crunch. What’s more? It’s got crumbled bacon and sharp cheddar for a twist you can’t resist. Perfect for a quick lunch, an appetizer, or a wholesome snack, this recipe is a cool way to set sail on your culinary voyage!
- A couple of teaspoons of avocado oil
- Three cans of chicken (5 ounces each), drained and dried well
- A teaspoon of dried dill for some herby punch
- Three-quarters of a teaspoon of dried parsley
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder for that must-have hint of garlic
- Quarter teaspoon each of onion powder and pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Six tablespoons of sour cream for that creamy goodness
- Half a cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese for a cheesy twist
- Three-quarters of a cup of crumbled cooked bacon (you can use pre-cooked store-bought bacon to save time)
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar for a tangy touch
- Four cucumbers (chilled if you like, and peeled or unpeeled – it’s your call)
- Garnish with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and some freshly-cracked pepper
- Let’s kick off with the chicken. Heat up the avocado oil in a pan over medium heat until it shimmers. Toss in the canned chicken and let it sizzle for about a minute. Then, throw in all the spices and let them work their magic for another 1-2 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to whip up the chicken salad. Shift the cooked chicken into a mixing bowl and stir in the sour cream until it’s all well mixed. Add in the shredded cheddar, the crumbled bacon, and the apple cider vinegar, and give it all another good stir.
- Let the chicken salad chill out in the fridge for about 15 minutes. Just cover the bowl with a lid or foil before you pop it in.
- While the salad is chilling, let’s prep the cucumbers. Slice them in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds with a spoon, and pat them dry.
- Bring out the chilled chicken salad, spoon it into your cucumber ‘boats’, and finish it all off with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and some freshly cracked pepper. And voila, your cucumber boats are ready to set sail into deliciousness! Enjoy!