- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package double-stuffed oreos
- white frosting in a tube
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13-inch pan. (To make it super easy to remove the brownies, place aluminum foil or parchment paper in the bottom of the pan and let it extend up the sides so you can use it as handles to remove the brownies from the pan.)
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and stir the sugar into the butter with the pan over low heat for about 15 seconds to help dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually (to not scramble the eggs) whisk butter/sugar mixture into egg mixture.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Place oreos in rows on top of batter. Pour remaining batter over oreos and spread gently with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool brownies for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Drizzle white frosting on the brownies.
Source: Spicy Southern Kitchen