Sweet and Sour Baby Back Ribs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed and sliced into thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 (2-pound) racks baby back ribs, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Whisk orange juice, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, and fish sauce together in bowl.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add jalapeños, garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in orange juice mixture and bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer ½ cup sauce to bowl, leaving jalapeños behind, and set aside.
FOR THE RIBS:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set wire rack in sheet.
- Sprinkle ribs all over with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on prepared wire rack and brush all over with reserved ½ cup sauce.
- Arrange ribs meat side up.
- Roast until tender (fork inserted into meat will meet no resistance) and middle of rib rack registers at least 205 degrees, 2 to 2½ hours.
- Brush tops of ribs with ¼ cup remaining sauce.
- Return ribs to oven and roast until sauce sets, about 10 minutes.
- Let ribs cool for 5 minutes.
- Reheat remaining sauce over medium heat until hot, about 4 minutes.
- Cut ribs between bones.
- Toss ribs, half of scallions, and remaining sauce together in large bowl.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with remaining scallions. Serve.
Source: Cook’s Country