Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, media personality, and actor. He was born on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, and rose to fame in the 1990s with his debut album “Doggystyle” (1993), which became a huge commercial success and established him as a prominent figure in the hip hop industry.
The infamous hip hop artist is pairing with local coffee entrepreneur Michael Riady to launch INDOxyz, “a premium lifestyle coffee brand created for and inspired by the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators,” according to the brand’s press release.
Unlike other coffee brands, INDOxyz is sourced directly from Indonesia and grown by collective farmers on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi.
“My relationship with coffee goes way back. The many long nights in the studio making hit after hit, coffee provided the fuel which kept us going. Today marks the launch of a new company I created along with my partner Michael, who introduced me to the best tasting Indonesian coffee,” stated Snoop Dogg.
The green beans will be roasted in Los Angeles, before being packaged for the exclusive and limited rollout starting in Snoop’s home state of California followed by Las Vegas, Nevada.
Snoop says INDOxyz will change the industry as it plans to have a national retail expansion in the near future. The cold brew beverage will start at $5.99 and the whole bean pack will cost $17.99.
Snoop Dogg has been involved in various business ventures over the years. Some of the businesses that Snoop Dogg owns or co-owns are:
- Merry Jane: a media platform focused on cannabis culture that he co-founded in 2015.
- Casa Verde Capital: a venture capital firm that invests in cannabis startups, which he co-founded in 2015.
- Leafs by Snoop: a line of cannabis products that he launched in 2015.
- Snoop Dogg’s Youth Football League: a non-profit organization that he founded in 2005 to provide children with opportunities to play football and learn life skills.
- Snoopadelic Films: a film production company that he founded in 2005.
- Snoop Dogg’s 21 Kitchen & Catering: a restaurant and catering business that he launched in 2021.
- Snoop Dogg’s Wine: a brand of wine that he launched in 2021 in partnership with Australian winery 19 Crimes.
- Mount Westmore: a rap supergroup that he formed in 2021 with Ice Cube, Too $hort, and E-40.