Mother’s day is right around the corner and it is time to start planning those breakfasts in bed. If your mom is a muffin lover, these will be the perfect addition to that special day.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, eggs, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are best served warm, so you can reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving. Enjoy!