Experience the rich flavors of a seafood boil combined with the comforts of pasta in this delicious fusion dish. Featuring a medley of seafood and a flavorful broth, this dish is perfect for special occasions or when you’re in the mood for a coastal treat.
- 8 oz linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 pound clams, cleaned
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken/seafood broth)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Cook the Pasta:
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Prepare the Seafood and Sausage:
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the andouille sausage rounds and cook until they’re slightly browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the shrimp and sprinkle with half of the Old Bay seasoning. Cook until they turn pink, then remove and set aside with the sausage.
- Cook the Aromatics:
- Add butter to the skillet and let it melt. Toss in the onions and garlic, sautéing until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Build the Sauce:
- Pour the white wine (or broth) into the skillet to deglaze, scraping any brown bits from the bottom. Allow the wine to simmer and reduce by half.
- Sprinkle in the remaining Old Bay seasoning, cayenne pepper (if using), salt, and pepper.
- Cook the Shellfish:
- Add the mussels and clams to the skillet, cover, and let them steam. Cook until the mussels and clams open up, about 5-7 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
- Combine Everything:
- Return the cooked shrimp and sausage to the skillet, stirring to mix with the mussels and clams.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, gently tossing everything together. If the sauce is too thick or the pasta too dry, add a bit of the reserved pasta water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Plate the seafood boil pasta in bowls, garnishing with fresh parsley and sliced green onions.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your coastal culinary journey with the Seafood Boil Pasta!