Make breakfast fun again with these hash brown cups recipe. Layer on a sausage patty, egg and some cheese and you’ve got a morning cheer on a plate.
- 1 package Premium Pork Sausage
- 20 ounces refrigerated hashbrowns
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Divide sausage into 12 equal patties and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450F.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, one cup of cheese, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Generously spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop out rounded one-quarter cup of hash brown mixture and press into each well of the muffin pan. Use a spoon or your fingers to pack the mixture in tightly. Spray with additional nonstick cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and use a spoon to carefully press hash browns down and up the sides of each hash brown cup to create a cup or nest shape.
- Place a sausage patty in each hash brown cup, trimming the patties if needed.
- Carefully top each sausage patty with an egg.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of each egg and season with additional salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before carefully removing with a spoon.