A New Jersey family has filed a lawsuit after allegedly finding a disgusting surprise in their bag of McDonald’s. The woman claims she visited the fast food chain on January 13 in Millville, New Jersey and the takeout bag contained human feces.
“After eating some fries from the McDonald’s bag, the (child) reached in the bag and took out the burger (and) noticed a brown substance all over the wrapper,” the suit states.
At the same [time], [the mother] “noticed and smelled a horrible stench from the substance on the burger,” the suit states.
“To their disbelief and shock, plaintiffs realized what they had just ingested was human feces, which was touching their French fries in the same bag and that was all over (the child’s) hand and the wrapper of the burger,” the lawsuit claims.
The mother claims the daughter started vomiting instantly. She then picked up the phone and tried calling the McDonald’s location and received no answer. She then decided to call the local police department who found sufficient evidence to pursue the matter.
The woman’s suit states that she and her daughter sought medical treatment after the event. As a result of the incident, she is reportedly seeking damages against the franchise location owner and 10 employees for “physical and psychological damages to include emotional distress, loss of appetite, heightened anxiety and stomach pain.”
The owner of that McDonald’s location denies any wrongdoing and has been quoted as having commented: “Serving safe, high-quality food is always our top priority … We’ve taken appropriate steps to investigate this and have been unable to substantiate this claim.”