Give your traditional deviled eggs a hearty and flavorful twist! These loaded deviled eggs are packed with a combination of cheese, bacon, and chives, making them a delightful appetizer for any occasion.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional for garnish)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water by an inch. Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 12 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cool, peel them and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a mixing bowl. Set the egg whites aside.
- Yolk Mixture:
- Mash the yolks using a fork until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and chives, keeping some aside for garnish.
- Stuff the Eggs:
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each egg white half with the yolk mixture, ensuring they are generously stuffed.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle the tops with the reserved crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, chives, and a dash of smoked paprika. Add a small sprig of parsley on each for an extra touch.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving to let the flavors meld.
Enjoy your Loaded Deviled Eggs as a delightful appetizer or a savory snack! They’re best when served fresh but can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days.