If you love Cheetos, this macaroni & cheese recipe will be your favorite side dish!
- 16 ounces large elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon diced and fried
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (more to taste)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups gruyere grated
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Cheetos crushed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions, removing them from the water 1 minute before the package states for al dente.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the jalapeno and cook for one minute. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or until flour has browned a bit.
- Pour in the milk, cream, and salt and continue cooking, whisking constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the cheese a handful at a time, stirring to melt completely before each new addition.
- When cheese is completely melted, add the bacon and drained macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir to coat completely.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese into the prepared baking dish and top with the crushed Cheetos.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Source: Buns In My Oven