Dinner is not complete without a Hawaiian Roll! Now, breakfast can be just as delicious with this Hawaiian Roll French Toast Puffs recipe. Make this easy stuffed Hawaiian Roll French toast for a weekend breakfast treat or decadent dessert.
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (12-roll) package of Hawaiian Rolls
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup jam of choice (I used strawberry)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together until smooth and consistent. Add in the milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until fully combined.
- Place a buttered skillet over medium heat. Dunk each roll in the egg mixture, making sure to coat all sides. Transfer the rolls to the heated skillet, cooking about 4 at a time. Let the rolls cook on each side for 30-45 seconds, or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and repeat with the remaining rolls.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and jam until evenly blended. Transfer to a piping back or a zip-top bag fitted with a piping tip. Insert the tip into the center of the roll and squeeze gently until the filling starts to come back out of the hole. Repeat with each roll.
- Dust the finished French toast puffs with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.