- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax
- 6 Tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil- melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter-room temperature
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- First make flax egg. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons warm water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: rolled oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, flax eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Using medium (1 ½ Tablespoons) cookie scoop drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches space apart. Using a spoon, slightly flatten cookies to desired thickness (They will not spread much during baking) and make a small dent in the center. If the edges crack and fall apart when press the cookie, shape them with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until gets nice golden-brown color and slightly firm to touch. Transfer cookie sheet to cooling rack and again press each cookie in the center with a spoon to make enough space for peanut butter filling. Cool completely.
- Drop peanut butter on each cookie and slightly spread with a spoon. Transfer the cookies on a rack.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil and pour over each cookie.
Source: OMG Chocolate Desserts