- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12- ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a large (4-5 quart) Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add in the ground beef, and cook until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in both cheeses and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and top with desired garnish