- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. luke-warm water
- 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine yeast and sugar. Add water and stir until combined. Add flour, olive oil and salt and stir until combined and a shaggy dough begins to form.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it becomes smooth and soft, about 5 minutes. Roll dough into a ball, then place in slow cooker. Cook on high until golden on the bottom and cooked through, about 2 hours. (The internal temperature should be about 200° but bread won’t be golden on top.) Carefully remove bread from slow cooker.
- To crisp up the crust, transfer bread to a baking sheet and broil until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.