Delight in a crisp, tangy, and refreshing dish with our Simple and Refreshing Cucumber Vinegar Salad! This classic recipe brings together the coolness of cucumbers with the zesty tang of vinegar, creating a harmonious blend that will awaken your taste buds. Whether you’re seeking a light accompaniment to your main course, a palate-cleansing side, or a healthy snack on a warm day, this cucumber and vinegar salad is a versatile delight. With options to customize with herbs, spices, and additional veggies, you can easily make this dish your own. Read on, and in just a few simple steps, you’ll be enjoying this timeless, invigorating salad that pairs perfectly with any meal!
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Prepare the Cucumbers:
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly under cold running water.
- Use a vegetable peeler or knife to peel the cucumbers if desired. Alternatively, you can leave the peel on for added texture and flavor.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare the Dressing:
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, water, and sugar (if using). Whisk well until the sugar is dissolved.
- If using, add minced garlic to the vinegar mixture for an extra flavor kick.
- Combine and Marinate:
- Pour the vinegar dressing over the sliced cucumbers.
- If you are using onions and/or fresh dill, add them to the bowl.
- Toss everything together to ensure the cucumbers are well coated with the dressing.
- Season the cucumber vinegar salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour, allowing the cucumbers to absorb the flavors.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the cucumbers have marinated, give them a quick toss.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the cucumber vinegar salad chilled as a refreshing side dish or snack.
- You can add other herbs like fresh mint or parsley for a different flavor profile.
- If you prefer a sweeter salad, adjust the sugar to your liking.
- For a spicy kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- This salad is a versatile dish that pairs well with grilled meats, sandwiches, or even as a light and refreshing snack on a warm day. Enjoy!