Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits are easier AND tastier than a box mix! This recipe is so easy, it only takes one bowl, one whisk, no baking mix and 20 minutes! Yes, only 20 minutes from start till serve.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, (divided)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add 1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter in a small microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add melted butter and milk and whisk just until flour is all wet, do not over mix.
- Add cheese and fold in with a spoon.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter in small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and parsley. Stir with a pastry brush.
- Remove biscuits from oven, brush with melted butter mixture. Serve and enjoy!